ARABICA VS ROBUSTA
5 KEY DIFFERENCES TO KNOW
- Taste. Arabica is smooth, slightly sweet or fruity and easy to drink with the ideal amount of acidity for a balanced drink. Robusta is bitter and harsh with a grainy taste.
- Used for. Robusta is usually used for instant coffees and added in small proportions to espresso blends. Arabica beans are used for most everything else.
- Caffeine. Arabica has a lower caffeine content at around 1.5% Robusta is jam-packed with almost twice as much caffeine at 2.7%.
- Origins. Arabica beans are produced mainly in East and Central Africa, Latin America, India and Indonesia. Robusta beans are grown throughout Africa, Southeast Asia, India, and Indonesia.
- Sugar. Arabica beans have a significantly higher sugar content, almost twice as much as Robusta beans. It also has 60% more lipids.
Share this post
Nutritional Information Yogurt Starter Nutritional information for the 2 gram pack of yogurt starter cultur...Read More
The Name An intriguing name for rice, but this is how Black rice is also called. This name dates back to Ancient Chi...Read More