ARABICA VS ROBUSTA
5 KEY DIFFERENCES TO KNOW
- Taste. Arabica is smooth, slightly sweet or fruity and easy to drink with the ideal amount of acidity for a balanced drink. Robusta is bitter and harsh with a grainy taste.
- Used for. Robusta is usually used for instant coffees and added in small proportions to espresso blends. Arabica beans are used for most everything else.
- Caffeine. Arabica has a lower caffeine content at around 1.5% Robusta is jam-packed with almost twice as much caffeine at 2.7%.
- Origins. Arabica beans are produced mainly in East and Central Africa, Latin America, India and Indonesia. Robusta beans are grown throughout Africa, Southeast Asia, India, and Indonesia.
- Sugar. Arabica beans have a significantly higher sugar content, almost twice as much as Robusta beans. It also has 60% more lipids.
Share this post
The Name An intriguing name for rice, but this is how Black rice is also called. This name dates back to Ancient Chi...Read More