TOP 10 MINT HEALTH BENEFITS
Posted by TTN Palawan on
Known from antiquity, mint is an aromatic herb with many curative properties.
There's a lot more to mint than fresheners, candy, tooth paste & inhalers! See below for more mint uses.
- Effective pain reliever for headaches & migraines
- Alleviates gastrointestinal problems like indigestion
- Antiseptic & antibacterial properties used to treat cuts & burns
- Topical treatment of acne and acne scars.
- Alleviates arthritis pain, insect sting irritation and eczema
- Improves bad breath and alleviates diarrhea and bloating
- Natural treament of the common cold and flu
- Used as a decongestant with antiviral properties
- Used in treatment of menstrual cramps
- Helps treat the hiccups
- Organic mango mint smoothie
- Organic min ice cubes
- Raw cacao mint cookies
DID YOU KNOW?
- Mint gets its name from MENTHE, a Greek mythical character
- The mint herb is native to temperate areas of Europe, Asia & Africa.
- Mint can be very invasive, so grow in containers or buckets
- There are 30 types & each smells/tastte different
- The US produces 70% of the world's peppermint & spearmint
- Mint oil is recovered by distilling using steam
- Mint has been found in Egyptian tombs from as far as back as 1000 BC
- Rats & mice dislike the smell and taste of mint.
- Peppermint is the #1 selling flavor among non-chocolate hand candies
Share this post
- Tags: Peppermint, Tea