Known from antiquity, mint is an aromatic herb with many curative properties.
There's a lot more to mint than fresheners, candy, tooth paste & inhalers! See below for more mint uses.
- Effective pain reliever for headaches & migraines
- Alleviates gastrointestinal problems like indigestion
- Antiseptic & antibacterial properties used to treat cuts & burns
- Topical treatment of acne and acne scars.
- Alleviates arthritis pain, insect sting irritation and eczema
- Improves bad breath and alleviates diarrhea and bloating
- Natural treament of the common cold and flu
- Used as a decongestant with antiviral properties
- Used in treatment of menstrual cramps
- Helps treat the hiccups
- Organic mango mint smoothie
- Organic min ice cubes
- Raw cacao mint cookies
DID YOU KNOW?
- Mint gets its name from MENTHE, a Greek mythical character
- The mint herb is native to temperate areas of Europe, Asia & Africa.
- Mint can be very invasive, so grow in containers or buckets
- There are 30 types & each smells/tastte different
- The US produces 70% of the world's peppermint & spearmint
- Mint oil is recovered by distilling using steam
- Mint has been found in Egyptian tombs from as far as back as 1000 BC
- Rats & mice dislike the smell and taste of mint.
- Peppermint is the #1 selling flavor among non-chocolate hand candies
Share this post
Dried Mangoes - taste the mango Our dried mangoes are out of this world.You have to try it, to believe it.Using only ...Read More
Fresh Milk vs UHT Milk - what is the difference between these two In the Philippines there is a little confusion some...Read More
How to make your own yogurt in 5 simple stepsUsing our Bulgarian yogurt starter culture, you can prepare your own yog...Read More
Tackling with stains either on fabric or on furniture or on a car seat can be a painstaking job. That green tea or co...Read More
Because Kefir is a nutrient-dense food that also contains probiotics which is beneficial to overall well being, it is...Read More
Lactobacillus bulgaricus is a beneficial bacteria found in the digestive tract that can fight harmful bacteria that m...Read More
YOGURT BENEFITS: Boosts immunity and prevents infections and allergies Helps to lower hypertension and prevents car...Read More
Like any other probiotic foods, kefir is no exception. Kefir has it's also benefits impacting health shapes of your d...Read More
Both Greek and regular yogurt, in their plain, nonfat or low-fat forms, can be part of a healthful diet. They're low ...Read More