Known from antiquity, mint is an aromatic herb with many curative properties.
There's a lot more to mint than fresheners, candy, tooth paste & inhalers! See below for more mint uses.
- Effective pain reliever for headaches & migraines
- Alleviates gastrointestinal problems like indigestion
- Antiseptic & antibacterial properties used to treat cuts & burns
- Topical treatment of acne and acne scars.
- Alleviates arthritis pain, insect sting irritation and eczema
- Improves bad breath and alleviates diarrhea and bloating
- Natural treament of the common cold and flu
- Used as a decongestant with antiviral properties
- Used in treatment of menstrual cramps
- Helps treat the hiccups
- Organic mango mint smoothie
- Organic min ice cubes
- Raw cacao mint cookies
DID YOU KNOW?
- Mint gets its name from MENTHE, a Greek mythical character
- The mint herb is native to temperate areas of Europe, Asia & Africa.
- Mint can be very invasive, so grow in containers or buckets
- There are 30 types & each smells/tastte different
- The US produces 70% of the world's peppermint & spearmint
- Mint oil is recovered by distilling using steam
- Mint has been found in Egyptian tombs from as far as back as 1000 BC
- Rats & mice dislike the smell and taste of mint.
- Peppermint is the #1 selling flavor among non-chocolate hand candies
Share this post
Benefits of Green Tea - Drink Green Tea for good health It's an excellent source of antioxidants It burns fat ...Read More
Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world next to w...Read More
Benefits of Coffee - Benefits of drinking brewed coffee Please be aware that when we talk about the benefits of coffe...Read More
Health Benefits of Dried Mangoes Dried mango is a delicious treat that provides several health benefits. They are mos...Read More