A day that leads to your
Best Night's Sleep
Thinking about sleep when it's time to lay your head on the pillow is actually too late. Try these little strategies, from Johns Hopkins sleep expert Rachel Salas, M.D., throughout the day to encourage better sleep at night.
In the morning:
- Eat breakfast by a window or outdoors - the sun helps reset your body's circadian clock.
- Make your bed. People who do are more likely to sleep better at night.
- Wake at the same time every morning, including weekends and holidays
In the afternoon:
- Exercise at lunch. Early workouts may sacrifice sleep, and those within 3 hours of the bed may keep you awake.
- Cut caffeine by 4 pm - or noon if sensitive. Its effects can linger for 4 hours or more.
- If you need a nap. Take it before 3 pm and keep it to 30 minutes or less.
In the evening:
- Use lamps and dinners. Bright overhead lights trick your brain into thinking it's still daytime.
- Turn off tech 10 minutes before bed. Blue light and constant stimulation make it tough to wind down.
- Have a light before bed snack - yogurt or fruit - if hunger often wakes you in the night.
- Stick to the same bedtime - or vary it by no more than an hour.
Share this post
Varieties of Coffee in the Philippines The Philippines has 4 varieties of coffee:1. Excelsa2. Liberica3. Robusta4. Ar...Read More
What is Whey Protein Milk contains two main types of protein: casein (80%) and whey (20%).Whey is found in the watery...Read More
Dried Mangoes - taste the mango Our dried mangoes are out of this world.You have to try it, to believe it.Using only ...Read More
Fresh Milk vs UHT Milk - what is the difference between these two In the Philippines there is a little confusion some...Read More
How to make your own yogurt in 5 simple stepsUsing our Bulgarian yogurt starter culture, you can prepare your own yog...Read More
Tackling with stains either on fabric or on furniture or on a car seat can be a painstaking job. That green tea or co...Read More
Because Kefir is a nutrient-dense food that also contains probiotics which is beneficial to overall well being, it is...Read More
Lactobacillus bulgaricus is a beneficial bacteria found in the digestive tract that can fight harmful bacteria that m...Read More
YOGURT BENEFITS: Boosts immunity and prevents infections and allergies Helps to lower hypertension and prevents car...Read More