Amazing Health Benefits of Kefir and
How to Make Homemade Kefir
It is a type of fermented milk that has a more complex microflora than yogurt. Kefir is a food rich in microorganisms that regenerate an intestinal flora, strengthen the body's defenses and prevent infectious diseases.
Kefir Benefits and Nutrition Facts
- Milk kefir, which is the most consumed, increases the biological value of milk proteins.
- In addition, it synthesizes the B-complex vitamins, so it becomes a good immediate action brain tonic.
- Is a dominant in calcium, potassium, phosphorus and vitamin D.
- Is also very beneficial for the bones.
How to Make Homemade Milk Kefir Recipe
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 75 cl of milk
- 150g of kefir grains
- Place the milk at room temperature in a container.
- Add the kefir grains, cover with a cloth and let them stand for 24 hours.
- When left to ferment for about 24 hours, kefit will have a milk taxative effect and, for 36 hours, will have a mild bitter taste.
- After the fermentation time, it is necessary to strain.
- The remaining liquid is stored in the refrigirator to be taken as a refreshing drink and the kefir grains can be re-introduced into more milk to produce more kefir.